Irish Rail Engineering Works on Mallow to Cork Route
BUS TRANSFERS IN OPERATION BETWEEN MALLOW & CORK FROM 3rd to 12th MAY
ENGINEERING WORKS TO TAKE PLACE ON MONARD VIADUCT
Iarnród Éireann wishes to advise intending customers that a bus transfer will be in operation between Mallow and Cork from 20:00hrs on Friday 3rd May to final service on Sunday 12th May next. This closure is to facilitate maintenance and improvement works on the Monard Viaduct, near Blarney.
Service arrangements during this time include:
– Bus transfers between Mallow and Cork in both directions for all services.
– Cork Mallow Commuter services will operate as a bus transfer.
– Bus transfers for Kerry and Dublin services departing Cork will leave 25 minutes earlier than the scheduled train departure time to ensure a timely connection with services departing Mallow to Dublin and Kerry. Mallow to Dublin and Kerry services will operate to a normal schedule.
– For the duration of the works car parking will be free at Mallow.
– Normal Commuter services will operate between Cobh/Midleton and Cork during this time.
– Full services will resume on Monday 13th May.
Full timetable details are available at www.irishrail.ie or call our customer information line 1850 366222.
Works on the structure will include the addition of reinforced concrete slab on existing masonry slab on the bridge. It will also facilitate the removal of a speed restriction over the bridge.
Works have been scheduled at this time to ensure they are completed ahead of the busy summer tourist period.
For further information, please contact Jane Cregan, 01 7032803/ 086 8531098